"Fast - changing dynamics of the cassava markets with looming shortage and spreading of disease"
It is a challenging time for cassava as prices have developed their own dynamics detached from world market fundamentals due to the critical shortage of roots and the rapid growth of mosaic disease detected largely in eastern Cambodia and southern Vietnam.
The panel of authorities from the top 3 producing in Asia will share on the impact of CMD (cassava mosaic disease) and how this might affect supply going forward.
The leading issue in the minds of processors is what is the threat of CMD on the supply outlook in the next 6-9 months? Will prices remain high? Will they switch to corn or rice?
Ingredion investing $60 million in Asia-Pacific
- Food Business News 26/09/2018
Ingredion builds its on-trend rice ingredient business and continues to make further investments in Asia Earlier this year, the company expanded its modified and clean label specialty starch capabilities in tapioca, waxy corn and rice in the region.
Despite the high prices, demand for cassava-based products is increasing as consumption patterns change. New global markets are developing with growing demand for ‘clean label’ and differentiated products such as gluten-free or GMO-free. Cassava starch has always had superior functional properties in many applications sought after by food processors and manufacturers.
As leading producer, Thailand starch producers are upgrading their facilities, investing in higher value added cassava starch and derivatives and also investing in smart farming concepts to improve yields.
CMT returns to Thailand for its 8th edition of Starch World Asia and has lined up key panel of speakers to share the latest news. Key highlights include :
- Outlook for cassava markets with impending shortage
- Opportunities to switch to sugar with current low prices?
- Vietnam starch market update from the perspective of a local player
- How are they coping with root shortage issues
- Developments in smart agri technology for cassava plantations in Thailand
- Global corn markets & trade outlook with rising concerns over China-US trade tension
- The damage caused by CMD and what actions are in place to tackle the disease
- What is really clean label? are we past that trend?
- Innovations in on-trend rice based solutions
- Discovery of resistant starch from novel waxy tapioca variety
- Advanced cassava breeding for modified starch
Dont delay. Sign up now with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for early bird discounts. Send a group of 3 and enjoy further discounts.